Exit Arrangement of Traineeship Scheme in Beauty Care and Hairdressing Industry
The Traineeship Scheme in Beauty Care and Hairdressing Industry (the Scheme) has been operating for seven years since 2012. Regular reviews had been conducted to assess the effectiveness of the Scheme. In order to better utilise the resources, the Labour and Welfare Bureau will discontinue running the Scheme starting from 1st April 2020 and no enrollment will be made from 1st April 2019 onwards. The office of the Scheme will continue its support to employers and trainees till the completion of the remaining classes. For any enquiries, please contact our office at 3519-1702.
Characteristics of the Scheme
- Employment - Recruitment Opportunities
- Practical Training - On-the-job training in the workplace
- Vocational education - On-campus complementary vocational education by VTC
- Support - Professional advice and counseling services by VTC
- Age: Aged 15 or above
- Education Level: Anyone who has attained S3 or above
- The Scheme is composed of 2 stages, ranges from 3 to 12 months
- Each stage is consisted of two parts ：
On-the-job training : Trainees will be employed as full-time staff and receive 4-5 days practical training at the workplace.
On-campus complementary vocational education： Trainees will receive 1-2 days vocational education at VTC*.
- Stage 1 focused on basic knowledge and skills required in the industry. Qualification is equivalent to the Qualification Framework Level 2#. Upon completion, trainees can continue their study at Stage 2.
- Stage 2 focused on professional skills and knowledge in specific sectors in the industry. Qualification is equivalent to the Qualification Framework Level 3.
- Upon successful completion of each stage, trainees will be awarded VTC certificates. (For trainees in the Beauty Care, Hairdressing and Elderly Care Services, they are eligible to take the Vocational Assessment (VA) and obtained recognized qualifications)
*Flexible training schedule including full day or part time day release mode will be offered to fit for employers' needs.
# Stage 1(b) programme of elderly care services is equivalent to the qualification framework level 3.